Anyone who has ever lost a tooth through either decay, accidents or gotten their tooth removed because of poor alignment has often wondered if their missing teeth or tooth could be replaced. Not to worry Dentist have a way to restore your smile back, this is through denture procedure.
What are Dentures?
These are prosthetic dental frame applications that are removable, and they are used to hold a set of artificial teeth, or they can contain only one tooth. They are fixed and supported by the gum on jaw bone and the entire jaw ridge in the mouth giving back an individual dental look.
There two common types of dentures available depending on the number of teeth/tooth are missing or looking to be replaced.
Types of Dentures
Complete Denture, this is applied when all the teeth in the mouth have been removed, and you are looking to get a new set of teeth. These fall into either two categories;
1. Immediate or Temporary Denture and 2. Permanent Full Denture.
1. Immediate denture also known as transient dentures is installed immediately after the mouth is complete without any tooth. They are meant to allow healing of the gum and the jaw as well as maintaining the ability of the jaw to hold a new set of teeth. They help one to continue with their healthy life despite missing their natural teeth while permanent dentures is being prepared.
2. Permanent Denture follows after complete healing has taken place and the all the tissues have healed. The conventional dentures are still removable, and they can be used for as long as they are taken care of just like natural teeth.
Partial Denture, this is when one tooth or a part of your dental formula is replaced with an artificial one. The artificial tooth can be made from acrylic or valplast and using metallic frames like cobalt or titanium they are fixed on the missing tooth space.
The Cost of Dentures
The cost of getting dentures vary with the type and the material used to make the denture. Looking them up and understanding the cost and the whole process is advised. However, they are quiet affordable, and there is no need for anyone to go toothless just because they are afraid of getting a denture.
Alternative to Dentures
The only alternative to dentures is keeping your natural teeth, but when you start losing them, then the only solution for you is dentures. They are good and recommended for anyone with missing teeth; this is because teeth loss changes a lot about a person’s appearance not forgetting their smile.
Therefore the missing tooth solution is getting dentures whether partial or complete.
Benefits of Dentures
• It improves your confidence by giving one a beautiful and magnificent smile
• Teeth are an essential tool in pronunciation having dentures mostly the frontal one, enables proper pronunciation.
• Gives one the ability to chew just like their regular teeth
• Improving the facial appearance
Tips on how to care for the Dentures
Taking great care of your dentures gives you a permanent missing teeth solution, regular cleaning and brushing with the right mouthwash is advised.
Never allow your dentures to dry by always putting them in a cleaning solution or pure water when not wearing them.
Regular visits to the dentist, this will help with things like pain and readjustments that you may require.
Always thoroughly clean your mouth by brushing your gum, tongue and the palates.
Never drop your dentures as they are made of very delicate material and can easily break.
Source by Dr Bharat Agravat