Whether you are looking for a permanent, per diem, or travel nurse position, working with a medical staffing agency is a good choice. Along with doctors, teachers, administrative assistants and Web designers, staffing agencies are great for flexibility and filling specialized positions.
Hospitals, pharmacies, and other medical facilities often depend on a staffing agency because they know these recruiters will locate and place qualified personnel for permanent, contract or per diem positions. So when medical facilities have job openings, they rely on medical staffing agencies to help meet their needs.
If you think you have to stay at with one company for ten, twenty or more years to earn a reputation as well as expertise, you will be surprised that these “thoughts” are no longer regarded. With the crumbling of highly esteemed corporations and businesses, people are looking to start over or join a smaller company with a better reputation for hiring. A staffing agency is one place to start looking for both a position and relocation. This offers a vast number of growth opportunities for both health facilities and job seekers.
Medical staffing agencies allow great flexibility as far as contract work, assignment and job location for travel nurses or per diem staff. Accepting an assignment of 13 weeks is much better than knowing you have to remain in one position or location for a year or more. After the first assignment, you can choose a different assignment or location depending on your interest. Nurses and other allied health profession jobs will see a steady flow of jobs now and in the future.
Working with a staffing agency can also be a link for permanent employment, if you choose. Medical staffing agencies offer a wealth of knowledge about health careers, ongoing and future trends, in addition to skills and certifications that employers want. Furthermore, a medical staffing agency is able to offer highly competitive wages, which will provide not only financial opportunity but also advanced employment preferences.
Oftentimes when a person starts a new job or changes careers, it is likely they will not have immediate health care coverage, paid leave or retirement benefits. However, medical staffing agencies are able to offer medical and dental benefits, paid holidays and sick leave as well as other immediate benefits. Ask the medical staffing agency what benefits are available for travel nurses, per diem nursing staff and permanent placement jobs.
Do you think working with a medical staffing agency sounds like a viable option? It is simple to get started. Follow these steps:
1. Research medical staffing recruiters in your area or online. Look for companies that are accredited or certified by the Joint Commission, so that you are assured of ethical and good practices.
2. Register with one or more medical recruiting company because you’re not limited to just one. You can choose to work for one agency for one assignment and then work for another one. It’s your choice.
3. Fill out an application online or in person. Most agencies will have someone available to answer any questions you might have.
4. Make available any certifications, degrees and a resume for your staffing recruiter, so he or she can match your skills and experience with the employer as well as keep a copy for your file.
5. If you are certified in a certain area, you may have to take a test. However, ask your contact person for the pre-requisites for any interested position.
6. Be interviewed, if applicable. Some staffing agencies have an interviewing process that is much like an informal get together to review your skills, experiences, and certifications.
7. Select the type of assignment you want. You have choices – travel positions, per diem, contract or permanent placement.
The benefits for choosing a medical staffing agency are numerous and whether working long term or short term, a reputable medical staffing company will help you achieve your career goals.
Source by Lauri Petrolia