Do you have problems with your dentures not fitting properly and need denture relining? These difficult economic times have caused many people who don’t have dental insurance to suffer with pain. If you are one of the many who wear dentures and are suffering because your dentures don’t fit properly and you can’t afford to go to the dentist to have your denture relined.
You are not alone. Most people who wear dentures have problems. They experience irritation in the mouth combined with soreness of the gums. This is because the bone and gums shrink and are adjusting after teeth are extracted.
There is a solution
- Easy to perform denture relining kits are available on the Internet with simple instructions.
- The cost is no more than a couple of McDonalds, Big Mac Combos.
- The denture relining will provide a new surface on the area of your dentures that sits up against the gums.
- Most people continue to have the problem of their dentures not fitting properly because the bone and gums are constantly changing.
- The irritation from the ill fitting dentures limits the quality of life that can lead to other medical challenges.
- The available temporary soft denture reline kit works well for most people, because it will adjust more easily to your mouth.
- The denture relining will work fine for a few months.
- Since the kits are low in cost compared to what the charges would be for a dentist to perform denture relining done at a dental office. You can learn to do it yourself and reline your dentures as often as needed.
- Most users keep extra denture reline kits on hand so they can fix their dentures as needed.
The entire process of denture relining takes no more than twenty minutes for each denture plate. After you do it a few times it could take you as little as ten minutes for each denture relining.
- The easy to follow steps start with first cleaning your dentures with a brush and then drying them.
- In order to protect your dentures apply Petroleum Jelly to the outside of your dentures.
- This will coat the outside of the teeth and will make it easier to wipe off any excess that might run off.
- Included in the kit are two vials for each application. One vial of powder and one vial of liquid.
- Mix the powder with the liquid.
Reline one denture plate at a time
- Place both the powder and liquid in a mixing cup. Quickly stir until the mixture is smooth. It should be ready in no more than eight to nine seconds.
- At once pour and spread the mixture into the indented area of your denture.
- Place the denture plate in your mouth and make sure it sits correctly positioned in your mouth. Next, close your mouth, bite down slowly and firmly, and gently as the upper or lower teeth meet.
- Maintain this position for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Next take the denture with the new denture relining out of your mouth. Rinse with cold water.
- If there is any excess material that might have run over onto the teeth. You can remove the excess with a cloth and or sharp knife if necessary.
Follow the same steps if you have a second plate to be repaired
You will save a lot of money if you do it yourself and perform your own denture relining, However, I do recommend you visit the dentist at least once every six months for a check up.
Source by Gail Mills