Today, cosmetic dentistry is getting more and more popular especially for the young ones. Since they always want to look and feel good, they go to cosmetic dentists to see what they can do to help them achieve that perfect smile. Cosmetic dentists have received extensive training in the use of dental materials and in the concepts of smile design, all of which they use to help their patients achieve their aesthetic goals. And so, in some cases, cosmetic and restorative dentistry have points of overlap.
However, cosmetic dentists focus more on the aesthetic aspect rather than restoring teeth to their optimal function. In order to achieve this goal, practitioners must combine a good understanding of the anatomy of the teeth and gums, the use of dental materials, and a good eye which comes as a result of extensive training and years of experience.
On top of that, cosmetic dentists are expert communicators. Their profession entails communicating with their patients and coordinating with other dental professionals, like lab technicians. So, how exactly can a cosmetic dentist help you? It all starts with a visit to an aesthetic clinic. Choosing from among the services offered by your trusted aesthetic clinic will help you achieve your goals.
– Dental examination. This should be the very first step. In most cases, patients, especially those who have underlying dental or health issues like discolored or missing teeth, need to undergo a thorough dental examination. This will allow your cosmetic dentist to have a full understanding of your unique circumstance and what it will take to get the outcomes you are after. Your dentist will now list the possible treatment options which can help you upgrade your smile. During this conversation, your cosmetic dentist should explain to you how each option works and how much each will cost you, as well as a timeline.
– Teeth whitening. This refers to treatments which can be done at home or at a dentist’s office which are designed to improve the color of a patient’s teeth.
– Composite bonding. This refers to the procedure wherein composite resin is attached to the teeth to improve appearance and strength.
– Dental implants. These are used to replace the roots of missing teeth. Along with a dental crown, implants serve as replacement for missing teeth. Bridges are used to literally bridge the gap between two teeth.
– Veneers. These, on the other hand, are used to hide dental imperfections. Porcelain crowns may also be used for teeth that have been extensively damaged.
Indeed, your cosmetic dentist can do wonders to help you achieve that perfect smile and be more confident in facing other people. Learn to choose which among these dental services offered by your trusted aesthetic clinic is best suitable for you.
Source by James Anthony White