A dental implant is an artificial tooth root commonly used to replace missing teeth. They offer a strong foundation for permanently fixed teeth or removable teeth that have been replaced. The replacement teeth are usually made to match your original teeth. Dental implants are made of biocompatible materials and are fused into the jawbone by means of osseointegration process. The artificial teeth roots are placed in the jawbone and restored using natural and beautiful crown work or sometimes bridgework depending on the selected procedure.
Cosmetic dental implants come with a variety of benefits apart from restoring a confident smile. The advantages that you stand to enjoy include:
- Improved speech: This is considering that missing teeth can lead to poor speech through slurring and mumbling of words. The same can happen with poor fitting dentures, but with dental implants, you will get to speak without worries of teeth slipping.
- Improved appearance: The dental implants also greatly improve on how your teeth feel and look. The change can be permanent since they fuse with the bone. You can now flash your beautiful new dental look with implants.
- Improved comfort: They become a part of your dental formula, making them very comfortable for you. They have easily eliminated the discomfort that many experience with removable dentures. You will also find it easier to eat your food with the implants. This is considering that loose and sliding dentures can make chewing quite difficult. You can now enjoy your favorite foods with confidence and with no pain at all.
- Improved self esteem: Dental implants have the advantage of giving you back that sexy, attractive smile. Hence, you will feel better about yourself in no time. You will find more confidence, even when smiling or speaking dispensing with the need to hide your dental issues.
- Durability: The implants are highly durable and can last you years. You only need good care and you can enjoy your implants for a lifetime. You also enjoy improved oral health with the implants since they do not need teeth reduction as it is usually the case with a dental bridge. Most of your natural teeth are left intact promoting good oral health.
The Implant Services
Dental implant services can be handled differently depending on the replacement need that is at hand. You can replace a single missing tooth or an entire row. The implant will be shaped as a natural tooth root and placed if there is adequate bone amount. After 3 to 4 months of healing, a porcelain crown is then placed.
There are also services that can replace multiple teeth. After the healing process, the crowns are also placed to finish the procedure. They feel and function just like normal teeth. An entire arch can also be replaced using the implants. They are placed in areas with high bone density and volume identified through CT scans. The services that you get will depend on your respective dental needs.
Source by David Baltazar