Keeping your teeth white and tidy has become almost compulsory in the modern day lifestyle. But because of regular coffee, tobacco, and other day-to-day stuff, most people suffer from unclean or yellowish teeth.
Dentist Melbourne to Take Care of your Dental Problems
In case you are facing dental problems such as teeth aches, gum swelling or any other major problem, visit a skilled dentist in order to restrict the problem from shaping up into a major surgery such as root canal treatment, crown or veneers etc.
Teeth Whitening Melbourne
Consulting an emergency dentist Melbourne is a great option in case you are suffering from a major dental problem.
Besides this, in order to avoid any major hassle, keeping your teeth neat and tidy is necessary. Let us discuss a few tips on how you can whiten your teeth.
- Brush and floss regularly as it will reduce or prevent stains.
- Always brush your teeth with whitening toothpastes. These toothpastes are heavily advertised and whiten your teeth partially, but don’t really offer a complete remedy.
Besides this, also make sure that the toothpaste you use has a seal of approval from the American Dental Association (ADA). Also check whether or not your toothpaste has been clinically proved to whiten teeth effectively.
- Get regular dental cleanings done, which is very useful in removing various food and tobacco stains from your teeth. You will have to take aggressive measures against tobacco or drugs, as they are not just responsible for discoloration of your teeth, but also damage them.
- Consider one of the two options, in-office treatment or at-home treatment. You can bleach your teeth either at a dentist’s office or at your home. A dentist will perform the in-office treatment by coating the teeth with a bleaching agent and using periodic flashes of light in order to activate the solution.
The treatment lasts for around 30-60 minutes and the overall procedure often demands several appointments. Besides this, in at-home treatments, patients perform the task of bleaching their teeth with the help of a mouth guard fitted with the bleaching gel for around 2 hours a day and for two weeks, depending upon the severity of staining.
Consider getting Veneers. The Veneers are custom-made shells that are bonded to teeth with resins. The procedure of Veneers often involves removing a small amount of tooth structure and is the most enveloping as well as expensive treatment option.
There are a few natural ways of keeping your teeth healthy, which are:
- Eating strawberries can be helpful as far as whitening your teeth is concerned.
- Try lemon juice mixed with baking soda, which will help in creating a cleaner, whiter appearance.
- Salt and baking soda as well is a great option of cleaning the teeth. Be careful not to swallow the salt solution, as it will leave an unpleasant taste in your mouth and remember to rinse your mouth with fresh water afterwards.
Source by Alon Farnendo