Everybody wishes to have that million dollar smile, but no one really wants to make that extra effort and include dental care in their daily routine. Many so called educated people also lack the basic idea about oral and dental hygiene. The question is: Does dental care only include brushing teeth in the morning or there is more to it? Why are people not so particular about their dental hygiene? It is significant to have an idea about the parameters that come under dental and oral cleanliness and also understand and emphasize on its importance.
What all comes under dental care
It is a broad term that encompasses activities which includes the following:
• Regular brushing and flossing the teeth
• Visiting dentist for regular follow ups.
• Cleaning the teeth from the dentist if required.
• Take precautions against tooth decay or bad breath.
• Cure of cavities, tooth pain and other types of gum issues.
• To eat a proper diet which is rich in whole grains, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables
• To have a recommended intake of dairy products like cheese, milk, yoghurt, eggs etc.
• It means to keep a check on the excess sugar intake and tobacco as it increases chances of plaque, oral cancer and other gum diseases.
• Using a toothpaste which has fluoride so that it can fight cavities and even decaying of teeth.
• It is important that one is particular about the oral care as it helps in avoiding further health issues.
• Proper dental hygiene is the key to a healthy heart and a long life.
• If proper care is taken from the beginning, then the teeth can be even kept as old age progresses.
• The mouth is an indicator for the rest of the human body, a bit of saliva is more than enough to detect what all problems are going inside the body.
• If brushing and flossing is not done regularly, then the teeth can get plagued and the mouth can act as a source of infection for the other parts of the body.
• If plague is not treated properly then there are viable chances of losing one’s teeth.
• Chronic disease can be prevented if proper dental supervision is adhered to.
After having a brief about all the aspects of dental care and importance, it would now become easier and of interest to people who were not aware of the consequences. It is an investment done today for the whole body which leads to better returns not only for the present but for the rest of the life. It is said “Precaution is better than cure”, so let’s pledge to prevent the body by prudently adding dental care in one’s daily routine.
Source by Aman Tumukur Khanna