Periowave is a machine that is used to treat periodontal disease. In this day and age, when a great majority of people have all kinds and sorts of dental problems, it is important for dentists to administer the most effective solutions to these problems.
Thanks to this painless antimicrobial photodynamic system, patients with periodontal disease can now heave a sigh of relief. Owing to the fact that ordinary antibiotics are not as effective in dealing with oral problems, the Periowave treatment is gaining popularity by the day. And in addition to treating periodontal diseases, Periowave treatment is perfect for Gingivitis, endodontic treatment, dental caries and peri-implantitis.
And even though Periowave laser treatment is a system that is currently in use, a lot of people do not know how it works, let alone how effective and reliable it is. It is for that reason that we urge you to keep reading and grasp a thing or two about Periowave treatment. After all, ‘knowledge is power.’ But first, did you know that this machine uses powerful photo-disinfection reaction to killing the bacteria and toxins in your mouth after root planning and scaling?
How it works
· The first thing that a dentist would do during Periowave treatment is applying a small amount of photosensitizer solution to the gums (the solution is blue in color). The solution then fastens to areas with toxins and microbes related to (gum disease) periodontal disease.
· The dentist then places a plastic light guide into the treatment area. Painlessly, the light guide lights the treatment area with its special laser light. The laser light is meant to activate the photo sensitizer solution which then destroys the bacteria in the teeth and gum.
· The cleaning process normally takes only about a minute for the bacteria over and beneath the gums to be completely eradicated.
What are the benefits of Periowave Treatment?
· Effective – It is not easy to get rid of bacteria beneath the gums. Ordinary brushing and flossing only get rid of what is covering the enamel. However, when you have periodontal disease, you have a more serious problem that needs professional and effective treatment; the Periowave therapy
· Painless – Let’s all face it, some dental procedures are painful. Luckily, with Periowave laser treatment, the process is 100% painless.
· Quick -60 seconds! It takes a minute for all the bacteria in the affected area to be eliminated. Yes, believe it or not, It is that fast.
· Immediate results – It is a treatment therapy that yields instant results immediately after activation.
· With Periowave treatment, patients don’t need to go back to the dentist for a checkup.
Does not cause damage to the dental structure, the root surfaces or surrounding tissues.
Source by William Jam Smith