A pediatric dentist is a medical professional who is committed to taking care of children’s oral health from infancy until the teenage years. Pediatric dentists are equipped with the qualifications and experience that are necessary for caring for children’s mouths, gums and teeth during different stages of their childhood.
· Children start getting baby teeth within the initial 6 months of their lives. They begin to lose their first teeth by 6 or 7 years of age. This set of teeth is eventually replaced by a secondary set of permanent teeth.
· Lack of proper dental care exposes kids to the risk of oral disease and decay that can lead to a lifetime of complications and pain. Dental caries during early childhood is an infectious disease that is currently more common among children than conditions such as hay fever and asthma.
· Training for pediatric dentists consists of dental school and additional training in dentistry for children, including those who have special needs.
Pediatric dentists offer comprehensive dental care that may include the following services:
· Caring for dental injuries such as knocked-out, displaced or fractured teeth.
· Managing gum conditions and diseases like a pediatric periodontal disease, mucoceles, short frenulum, and ulcers.
· Diagnosing oral conditions that are linked to diseases like hyperactivity or attention deficit disorder, hay fever asthma, the congenital heart defect and diabetes.
· Repairing tooth defects or cavities.
· Early assessment along with providing treatment for teeth straightening and rectifying an improper bite, which is commonly referred to as orthodontics.
· Counseling to address habits such as thumb sucking and pacifier use.
The Preventative oral care that includes fluoride treatments and cleaning as well as diet and nutrition recommendations.
· Oral health exams for infants including assessing the risk for caries in both mother and child.
Finding a Dentist
Pediatric dentists are available in various locations that include medical centers, dental schools, and private practices. A qualified pediatrician is a valuable resource for finding a pediatric dentist within your area.
Best Dental Care for Kids
· Children do not always have the patience or willingness to cooperate during dental exams. children dentists are aware of how to examine children and teat them in ways that ensure they are always comfortable. Additionally, pediatric dentists utilize equipment that is specially designed and work in offices that are decorated and arranged with kids in mind.
children dentists provide an extensive range of treatment solutions and options along with training and expertise to care for your child’s mouth, gums and teeth. If your pediatrician recommends a dental exam for your child, you can rest assured that a dentist who specializes in children’s oral care will give the best care.
· Finding a dentist for your child is as simple as going online and using the resources available to connect to a children dentist located nearby.
Source by William Jam Smith