A cosmetic dentist is not your average dental practitioner. This specialist is an expert in enhancement. A cosmetic dentist has many tricks up his or her sleeve to make a person’s smile look dazzling.
One of the most public features on our faces is the smile. The lips and teeth make a big statement. If a person feels good about they way these features look, they will reflect that in their attitude and actions. They will speak up, flash grins and are more likely to have high self esteem. Confidence, oral communication skills and happiness can create success in many arenas of one’s life. Business and social relationships will shine with lovely grins. What exactly can this practitioner do to have more attractive teeth? Read on below to see what a cosmetic dentist can do for you.
– Whitening and brightening: Nothing looks better than bright, white teeth. They look healthy and well cared for. Dingy, yellowed enamel is extremely unappealing. Enamel yellows due to a variety of causes including aging, cigarette smoking, coffee or tea stains, red wine, and certain prescription medications. Once they look dingy, it’s difficult to brighten them without the help of a dental practitioner. Gels, strips and liquids are some of the application options.
– Veneers: If a person’s troubled with snaggletooth, jagged, chipped or discoloration, veneers may be the answer they’re looking for. A cosmetic dentist can apply porcelain veneer coating to hide the unsightly issues.
– Porcelain inlays or onlays: Inlays or onlays can cover cracks and chips with smooth finishing. Metal fillings are not as attractive as this more modern option.
– Gum surgery can correct unattractive gum-lines. Gums can become protruding and puffy. This can be corrected by a knowledgeable dental practitioner.
– Tooth reshaping: Did you know that unsightly shapes can be contoured into more pleasing shapes? Yes, that’s right. Rounded edges are more appealing.
– Dental bridges: False teeth have come a long way with cutting edge technology. Not only are they natural looking, snug fitting and attractive, there are ways to attach them securely and even permanently. Implanting methods now use titanium which is an extremely strong bonding material. Dental implants take several appointments in order to complete the stages of installation. But when they’re in, they are secure.
– Orthodontia: Orthodontists can straighten the crooked smiles of adolescents and adults. Some of the newer methods include removable products called Invisalign, braces of all colors to provide a cool look for teens, clear plastic ones, and the old-fashioned metal bands. There’s no reason to go through life with crooked teeth.
– Crowns and root canals: There’s more to a tooth than what is above the gum line. The root system is an intricate foundation of nerves, tissue and muscle. If this becomes diseased, a root canal may be necessary to create well being. A porcelain crown will protect the region from further decay and will provide a great looking tooth, to boot.
The way a person looks will affect the way they feel about themselves. Healthy self esteem spills over into all areas of life, creating success at the job, with friends and in one’s love life. A cosmetic dentist can help his or her patients feel great about their grin.
Source by Abigail Aaronson